Monday, March 7, 2011

Why Music?

WHY MUSIC? “Some people think music education is a privilege, but I think it’s essential to being human.”-singer/songwriter Jewel

This quote makes me feel proud that I can provide a musical education for my son. It is evident to me that music is already enriching his life in so many ways. As he sits and listens to his Kindermusik CD (or Mozart, or a number of the other children's CD's we have), he quietly plays with his trucks and I can just see how much he is absorbing and learning. I am proud that I keep the TV off at my house, and equally proud to be a "music junkie." When Jonah asks for "more more!" music, I can always gladly give him as much as he wants and know that it is good for him through and through. Don't we get tired of telling our kids "no"? It is so nice to be able to let them win and give them something so vital to their growth. Music keeps us happy. Music is a privilege, but also essential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment